Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"Elections have consequences"


Yes, they certainly do, as do most things in life of any real, well, consequence.  This was posted outside the local shooting range which is on the way into, or out of, the fair city in which I abide.  Bet I can guess which candidate the poster supported, and would love to hear this particular pronouncement explained.  I am glad, and certainly most thankful, that our country is tolerant of divergent viewpoints.  Or, at the very least, most people are tolerant of divergent viewpoints.  When political points start looking murky, or when people attempt to explain their extremely selfish political views (the old "what about me? what about my rights?") I turn to the one quote that has helped me in times of trial and travail . . . "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."  Yep, Vulcan philosophy spoken by none other than Spock.

I wonder what he would say about this statement.  I believe we would stand in agreement.

Fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment