Saturday, December 29, 2012

The past is past . . .


All your past 
except its beauty 
is gone,
and nothing is left
but a blessing.

A Course in Miracles, Chapter 5

One of many quotes I have saved. Don't remember where I first saw this, but it spoke deeply to me. At the time, I was in a very dark place. Full of condemnation and self-loathing. Looking anywhere and everywhere for some piece of verbal light and assurance. I needed to know, or at least to acknowledge, that somehow everything I had experienced had some meaning in my life . . . that these things, however heavy, or hurtful, or terrifying to revisit, had somehow brought me to be who I am. 

While rifling through murky memories of times long gone, it has been a comforting surprise to find that during sadness and suffering, light and beauty have kept my soul safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment